Traditionally produced from 100% cane molasses, we ferment, distil and mature Cabby’s Spiced Rum at our distillery at Mile End.
Taste Notes: Violet-vanilla complex with, clove and ginger, like having a bite of honey lavender Macarons while sipping a dark and stormy cocktail. Plenty of caramel notes, definitely one for those with a bit of a sweet tooth!
Awards won by our Cabby’s White Rum – used as the base for our spiced rum.
IWSC: International Wine & Spirit Competition
- Rum & Cola – Gold Outstanding 2018
- Rum & Ginger Beer – Gold Outstanding 2018
- Rum & Cola – Trophy 2018
- Rum & Ginger Beer – Silver 2018
- Rum molasses – Pot Still – Unaged – 38-45% – Silver award 2018
- Rum molasses – Pot Still – Unaged – Silver award 2019
The Spirit Business
- The Rum & Cachaça Masters – GOLD 2019
The Great Taste Award
- CABBY’S RUM – 2 Star 2019
The Rum Ration replaced the Beer Ration, and were served neat at 100 proof. It is said that sailors would check its strength by dosing gunpowder with rum and the gunpowder would still burn, “proof” that the rum is pure.